Why Join the Knights of Columbus?
Who are the Knights of Columbus?
The Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with over 1.9 million members. For over 138 years, the Knights have provided members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic church, their communities, families, and young people. The order was founded on the principals of Charity, Unity and Fraternity by Father McGivney in New Haven Connecticut.
Why join the Knights of Columbus:
Imagine being part of an organization that fills your hear and your mind with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference. Knights are Catholic men, 18 years of age and older who are committed to making their community a better place, while supporting their Church. A parish affiliation is not necessary. Being a Knight is more than camaraderie, it is being involved with your community. It is supporting your local Catholic church, while enhancing your own faith. It is about protecting and enhancing your family life.
What we do:
- Volunteer services in the community and the parishes we serve
- Charitable donations to organizations like the special Olympics, local food banks, area little league, seminarians, and many others.
- Support pro-life
- Keep Christ in Christmas
Information about our council:
The Trinity Council (4839) was founded in 1958 and serves both St. Mark and St. Thomas More parishes in Boynton Beach, FL. Our meetings are held at St. Mark Church at 643 St. Mark Pl. Boynton Beach FL 33435.
As a member of the Knights of Columbus you and your family enjoy many benefits, including 12 free issues annually of the Columbia magazine, the world’s largest Catholic family magazine, eligibility to join the Knights of Columbus top-ranked insurance program and many more family and personal benefits.
Joining the Knights:
Membership is the life blood of any council and we are looking for new of all ages. Membership is open to practicing Catholic men in union with the Holy Sea, who are at least 18 years old. A practicing Catholic is one who lives up to the Commandments of Gad and the precepts of the Church. Other family members can participate in different ways:
- Squires Youth Circle: Boys between the ages of 12 to 17 are offered membership in Squires Youth Circle. Squire Circles were instituted in 1925 and offer varying activities from spiritual to active service for the Church and community. Each circle elects officer members from their own rank, teaching shills of leadership and responsibility.
- Columbiettes Ladies Auxiliary: The ladies auxiliary supports the council, parish, and community.
- Fourth Degree: Knights in good standing may choose to join the 4th degree a group formed to foster the spirit of patriotism by promoting responsible citizenship and a love of and loyalty to the Knights respective countries. Certain members of the Fourth degree serve as honor guard at civic and religious functions and activity that has brought worldwide recognition to the Knights of Columbus.
If you are interested in joining the Knights or getting more information you can contact our Membership director Brad Antao at 561-843-9673 or email him at BRADANTAO@YAHOO.COM